Saturday, December 22, 2007

"...it seems we just get started and before you know it, comes the time we have to say, so long..."

#22 I cannot believe that this is truly the end of our lessons! What a journey! This was truly a learning experience for me. Having no other "library experience" other than my job and using the library for taking out books, etc. , I never would have thought that there was so much out there in cyberland! It has actually been a fun experience for me--learning how to create a blog in the first place was in itself a learning exp. Adding new and different ways to get information was certainly fun, but very time consuming. I honestly could spend so much more time, than I actually ever have, on doing this type of exploration. I realize what I have missed in the past 18 yrs. of having not been in school and keeping up with the technology out there. I have to say that it was intimidating in many ways to see what is out there and then try, for myself, to learn about these things--technorati, for example. I still cannot say I am "educated" in many of the things we tapped into, but it is a start.
What a thrill to finally be able to actually be able to add my booklist, videos and thoughts as well as share websites, etc. with people right from my own blog. When I actually was able to create things like the chocolate or add a simple picture--it gave me a good feeling. My colleagues were VERY supportive and helpful. We were all able to speak about how far we were in our lessons and help each other out --getting to know our likes/dislikes along the way. I think in many ways, it has brought us closer as a staff to be able to share in this project. It was so much fun to see and experience all of the blog postings that we created!
If we were ever able to embark on such a learning project again, I think it would be a positive experience. Yes, it was difficult, time-wise. I had to do much of this at home, but was able to use the e-learning center many times with my "partner-in-crime" msdee. We even were able to laugh at ourselves in this project. Learning about tagging, rss feeds, wiki, online generator, and librarything as well as just learning all about blogging were so helpful in my experience with web2.0. Thank you to Jeannie for all of your hard work in helping us at NFL learn 2.0!

No comments: